4949 Tealtown Rd
Milford, OH 45150
Heritage Walk: Architecture and Landscape Design of the Former
Krippendorf and Groesbeck Estates- CANCELED (August 11 only)
Please register for our Heritage Walk on September 8 or October 20 instead.
The Rowe Woods property boasts two estates that are on the National Registry of Historic places. Join us for a two-and-a-half-hour docent-led walking tour of both the interior and exterior of the homes built in the early 20th century by Carl Krippendorf and Grace Groesbeck. By exploring architectural style, horticulture and landscape design, we’ll see the ties between the two families, how they both sought to blend the natural world with the designed human world with influence from the British designer Gertrude Jekyll and how their efforts set the stage for the property that would become Cincinnati Nature Center.
Knowledgeable docents will be available in and around both Krippendorf Lodge and Groesbeck Lodge to share stories of the history of this unique place and answer your questions. This experience includes a revealing 20 minute guided walk between the two historic homes. Participants may opt to drive between the two homes.
- Experience a special viewing of the family homes at both estates, normally not open to the public.
- Deepen your understanding of the land by learning about what happened in the past.
- Hear stories of the Krippendorfs and Groesbecks within the context of the history of the Cincinnati area.
- Enjoy light refreshments while viewing artifacts from our colorful history.
- Discover the history in objects that you might have walked by 100 times while hiking the trails.
- Limited spaces available. Preregistration required. Register online by clicking on the orange link below.
- Members $20; nonmembers $29 (includes daily admission).
This date has been CANCELED. Please register for our Heritage Walk on September 8 or October 20 instead.