There is an opportunity to reach beyond the professional staff of nature centers and similar organizations during this year’s ANCA Summit. The keynote speaker is Nina Simon, who has worked at a variety of museums, has appeared on TEDx Talks and has written books and blogs about how an organization can be relevant to more people in a community. During her morning keynote address, Nina will share her vision behind OF/BY/FOR ALL, a global initiative to help civic and cultural organizations become more relevant, resilient and inclusive.
Check-in and breakfast begin at 8 am.
Nina Simon’s inspiring presentation commences at 8:30 am and concludes at 10 am.
No experience necessary, so beginners welcome for a walk to observe our feathered friends! Click on the Tickets button for more information.
During this on-the-trail experience, participants will be guided through a flowing sequence near water, strengthening postures using a tree and walking meditation incorporating nature awareness.
Architecture and Landscape Design of the Former
Krippendorf and Groesbeck Estates
The Rowe Woods property boasts two estates that are on the National Registry of Historic places. Join us for a two-and-a-half-hour docent-led walking tour of both the interior and exterior of the homes built in the early 20th century by Carl Krippendorf and Grace Groesbeck. By exploring architectural style, horticulture and landscape design, we’ll see the ties between the two families, how they both sought to blend the natural world with the designed human world with influence from the British designer Gertrude Jekyll and how their efforts set the stage for the property that would become Cincinnati Nature Center.
Knowledgeable docents will be available in and around both Krippendorf Lodge and Groesbeck Lodge to share stories of the history of this unique place and answer your questions. This experience includes a revealing 20 minute guided walk between the two historic homes. Participants may opt to drive between the two homes.
- Experience a special viewing of the family homes at both estates, normally not open to the public.
- Deepen your understanding of the land by learning about what happened in the past.
- Hear stories of the Krippendorfs and Groesbecks within the context of the history of the Cincinnati area.
- Enjoy light refreshments while viewing artifacts from our colorful history.
- Discover the history in objects that you might have walked by 100 times while hiking the trails.
- Limited spaces available. Preregistration required. Register online by clicking on the orange link below.
- Members $20; nonmembers $29 (includes daily admission).
Click HERE to register.
Testimonial regarding our Heritage Walk:
“Thank you so very much for all your time in planning and executing this wonderful experience. I’ve been coming here most of my life but this was the first class I’ve taken. History is so fascinating to me and learning about the incredible families who set the groundwork for this marvelous place was awe inspiring. You all did a great job.” ~ Kathleen B.